The Roburtrucks brand is owned by Stanley Handling Ltd – https://www.stanleyhandling.co.uk/
1. Introduction and General Terms
- what information Roburtrucks may collect about you;
- how Roburtrucks will use information we collect about you;
- when Roburtrucks may use your details to contact you;
- whether Roburtrucks will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
2. What information will Roburtrucks collect about me?
3. How will Roburtrucks use the information they collect about me?
Roburtrucks will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Roburtrucks may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users to establish the number of visits from different countries and their areas and to determine the statistical use of our websites, including, user numbers, unique user numbers, page views, hits, browser types, page rankings, search engines used, search phrases used, platforms and browser types. This information is statistical and will only be used by representatives of Roburtrucks for the further enhancement of the online services that we offer.
- to analyse and improve the services offered on Roburtrucks websites.
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Roburtrucks may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
- Where Roburtrucks proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
4. When will Roburtrucks contact me?
Roburtrucks may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Roburtrucks can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Roburtrucks, e.g. on the Roburtrucks Blog, message boards or via other social media channel;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Roburtrucks services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes, however will always provide you with an opt-out option.
5. Will Roburtrucks share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
6. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Roburtrucks. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
7. How long will Roburtrucks keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Roburtrucks. Where you contribute material to Roburtrucks we will only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
8. Can I find out what personal information Roburtrucks holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that Roburtrucks holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
9. What if I am accessing Roburtrucks websites outside the UK?
10. Cookies Policy – Information Roburtrucks collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example, if on a previous visit you went to our services pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight service information on your second and subsequent visits.
c. Third Party Cookies on Roburtrucks pages
Please note that during your visits to Roburtrucks websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to Roburtrucks. When you visit a page with a content embedded from, for example, ‘get in touch’ Active Campaign contact form or Wistia video form, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Our use of these trusted and associated third party cookies allow us deliver a service which optimises your experience with our company.
d. Roburtrucks cookies and how to reject cookies?
A list of the main cookies that the Roburtrucks websites set (and what each is used for) together with ways to minimise the number of cookies you receive can be found on paragraph 11. Please note when you enter the www.www.roburtrucks.co.uk website you are notified of our cookies which is located in the top bar of the page.
11. How to control and delete cookies
11.1. Third Party Cookies
To support our services, we sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube, Wistia, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube, Wistia, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Roburtrucks does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
Roburtrucks uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of website(s) and compile reports for us on website activity. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using our website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. For more information on the cookie set by Google Analytics, including information on how to opt out please go to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
11.2. List of the main Roburtrucks cookies
This is a list of the main cookies set by the www.www.roburtrucks.co.uk, www.roburtrucks.co.uk websites, and what each is used for:
The __utma Cookie
This cookie is what’s called a “persistent” cookie, as in, it never expires (technically, it does expire…in the year 2038). This cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site according to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred. Google Analytics uses the information from this cookie to calculate statistics such as visits per day.
The __utmb and __utmc Cookies
The B and C cookies work together to calculate how long a visit takes. __utmb takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters a site, while __utmc takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves a site. __utmb expires at the end of the session. __utmc waits 30 minutes, and then it expires.
The __utmz Cookie
__utmz keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine they used, what link they clicked on, what keyword they used, and where they were in the world when they accessed a website. It expires in 15,768,000 seconds – or, in 6 months. This cookie is how Google Analytics knows to whom and to what source / medium / keyword to assign the credit for a Goal Conversion.
This cookie stores a session ID for users who have not registered and logged in to the website to view standard website content.
When a user accesses the website, annonymous users get displayed either the preferred language set in their browser or the portal default language, for registered users the preferred language is taken from the user profile.
PortalAlias is used to determine exactly which portal in the Content Management System installation is being requested.
This cookie is used by our Content Management System to store role memberships for the current authenticated user.
Passes data between dotnetnuke ASCX controls to allow a logged in user to view information assigned to their user group (security role).
This is the login cookie which keeps the session open for each user for a set period of time when they have successfully logged in.
This cookie is used to identify when the cookie directive warning should be displayed to a new visitor when they enter the website. It will continue to show until the user accepts the notice.
Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel
With your permission, our website utilises the Conversion Tracking Pixel service of Facebook Inc. This tool allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to a provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook advertisement. We are thus able to record the efficiency of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The collected data remains anonymous. This means that we cannor see the personal data of any individual user. However, the collected data are saved and processed by Facebook. We are informing you on this matter according to our information at this time. Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account ad use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy found under https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Facebook Conversion Tracking also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside Facebook. In addition, a cookie will be saved onto your computer for these purposes. Only users over 13 years of age may give their permission. If you are younger than this age, please consult your legal guardians. Please follow this link to revoke your permissions. https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/
Whenever you interact with any of our Videos, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize your browser or mobile device and tell us how and when pages in our Website are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or mobile device to prevent or limit your computer or device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our Website’s features.
Canddi site tracking
Whenever you interact with any of our web pages, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize your browser or mobile device and tell us how and when pages in our Website are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or mobile device to prevent or limit your computer or device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our Website’s features.
We may use your Personal Data to tell you about relevant products, events, news and offers. This is what we mean when we talk about ‘marketing’. The Personal Data we have for you is made up of what you tell us, and data we collect when complete a purchase, contact form or live chat. We may also collect digital data relating to your web browsing and your interactions with our marketing emails.We study this to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. We can only use your Personal Data to send you marketing messages if we have either your consent or a ‘legitimate interest’. That is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. It must not unfairly go against what is right. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at any time and simply ‘unsubscribe’ from any emails you receive. We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences to deter unwanted marketing messages. We will also ask you to do this if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business. If you change your mind you can update your choices at any time by contacting us directly on 08002982980.
13. Your rights as a Data Subject
a) Your ‘data subject’ rights: You have a number of rights in relation to your Personal Data under GDPR. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your Personal Data. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received this information or, where no such information is required, after we have received your request. b) Accessing your Personal Data You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you by emailing or writing to us at the address in paragraph 1 of this privacy notice. We may not provide you with a copy of your Personal Data if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information. c) Correcting and updating your Personal Data The accuracy of your personal data is important to us and we are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by contacting us. d) Erasing your Personal Data or restricting its processing In certain circumstances, you may ask for your Personal Data to be removed from our systems by emailing or writing to us at the address in paragraph 1 of this privacy notice. Unless there is a reason that the law allows us to use your Personal Data for longer, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request. You may also ask us to restrict processing your Personal Data in the following situations:
- where you believe it is unlawful for us to do so,
- you have objected to its use and our investigation is pending or you require us to keep it in connection with legal proceedings.
In these situations, we may only process your Personal Data whilst its processing is restricted if we have your consent or are legally permitted to do so, for example for storage purposes, to protect the rights of another individual or company or in connection with legal proceedings.