Stanley ROBUR Training – Forklift Truck & Stairclimber Training
Whether you are one of the 10 million or so people in occupations likely to involve a significant amount of manual handling, or an employer, you need to be aware of EC legislation, the legal obligations and the implications on working practices.
Ignorance is no defence in the event of strain or injury. Each employer has a duty of care towards employees and must develop a policy aimed at eliminating or minimising handling risk. In turn, each employee has an obligation to participate in the specified duties and practices.
The law requires that all operators of mechanised handling equipment must be trained to an appropriate level and subject to refresher training every three years.
Forklift Truck Driver Training
Stanley Handling is an RTITB registered training organisation offering a range of certificated courses combining theoretical and practical elements. Courses can be undertaken at your own premises or at the Stanley Training Centre.
- Three day RTITB approved courses for drivers with little or no formal training, leading to the award of a Basic Training Certificate
- Purpose designed courses for experienced drivers requiring RTITB re-certification
Powered Stairclimber Training
We provide purpose designed courses based on intensive hands-on experience. Operators are given the opportunity to handle a variety of loads under differing conditions. Timing and location arranged to suit individual customer requirements.
Courses for Individual Operators
- Courses for customers-own field trainers where multi-units are employed Mandatory three-yearly refresher training courses
- Train-the-Trainer courses available for exceptional candidates
- Theory and practical elements leading to operator competency certification
Courses with a content specifically structured to develop awareness of mandatory Risk Assessment requirements.